When I get stressed, upset, or frustrated… I usually turn to food yummy food, sinful food, fill my pain up food. This was my go to recipe today when I felt a little blue, thought I would share!
I rolled some in nuts and some plain (I was out of sprinkles, couldn’t believe it myself)
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 1 cup Crunchy (I used smooth, I never buy crunchy) Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 cups Chopped Walnuts (I fine chopped for A)
- 1 1/3 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 tsp Vegetable Shortening
- Extra Nuts/sprinkles/whatever to roll balls in
- In a large bowl cream PB, butter, and Vanilla.
- Add icing sugar, stir in cracker crumbs, walnuts, and coconut until a large semi sticky lump.
- Roll into 1 inch (ish) balls, place on cookie sheet and then slide into the fridge for about an hour.
- In a bowl over boiling water melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth. (you can do it in the microwave at 15 second intervals but I don’t use one/have one).
- Dip balls into chocolate (this was messy and a little hard to do).
- Roll wet ball in either chopped nuts, sprinkles would be cute, or leave plain… its up to you. Let set.
- Store in a container in the fridge and enjoy!