Yesterday we met Joel’s parents at Taylor’s Strawberry Farm to pick some berries… we kinda spent a small fortune, and we came home with a bunch of berries.
My girls walking to the patch Picking the perfect berries
I found this recipe in a Google search which led me to The Craft Patch Blog. I can’t really figure out her legal whatever, but there is a link, it’s a recipe *shrug* she shared it so am I.
My Happy Little Jar
- 20 cups of berries (washed, trimmed, chopped roughly)
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 (large) Strawberry Jello packages
- Put berries in a large pot, crush with spoon/potato masher (whatever).
- Add sugar stir up, let sit for at least an hour.
- Bring to a boil, let boil for 15mins.
- Turn off heat stir in Jello.
- Pour into Mason jars.
- Let cool and then put in the freezer!